Earth Day, which is celebrated on Sunday, April 22, 2018, is a time to celebrate conservation efforts, enjoy nature, and consider the impact we are having on the environment.
At Earthlight, we are dedicated to helping business owners and homeowners do their part in reducing their impact on the environment. Sure, switching to solar or investing in energy-efficient lighting makes financial sense, but it also lowers the amount of energy you consume and reduces carbon emissions.
Measuring Our Impact
Since 2008, we’ve helped hundreds of families and companies in Connecticut, Massachusetts, and Oregon reduce their carbon footprint. Here’s the environmental impact our projects have had:
- Saved 13,100,000 kWh a year in electricity
- Offsetting 9,749 metric tons of CO2 each year
- That’s equal to planting 11,483 acres of forest
Our commercial energy efficiency projects have:
- Saved 20,961,839 kWh a year in electricity
- Offsetting 15,600 metric tons of CO2 each year
- That’s equal to planting 18,375 acres of forest
Celebrating Earth Day in Ellington, CT
Join us on April 21, 2018 for Ellington’s Earth Day Celebration. We are partnering with other community groups to host this event, which will feature tree planting, pruning demonstrations, animal displays, food trucks, music, and more!
Earth Day in Ellington, CT
Saturday, April 21, 2018
10:00 am – 2:00 pm